Nutmeg is a delicate, slightly sweet spice that is widely used in cuisines around the world.
A spice made from the seed of the fragrant nutmeg, it has since time immemorial been used as a remedy for various ailments or to improve health in general.
Some of the other amazing benefits of the Nutmeg are as follows:
- One of the components of nutmeg is similar to menthol, which has natural pain-relieving characteristics.
- The active antibacterial components present in it mean that it helps to fight conditions like halitosis, also known as bad breath.
- The calcium found in nutmeg can boost the health of your bones by contributing to repair and growth while relieving symptoms of osteoporosis.
- Nutmegs provide antioxidants, which prevent free radical formation, capable of triggering unwanted reactions in the body.
- This aromatic spice has been used as an aphrodisiac since ages and also has hormone stimulating properties.
- The iron content in the nutmegs improves the red blood cells count in our blood.
- Nutmeg oil can be used for hair care. It helps in quick hair growth and adds a lustrous shine.
- Like a tonic, nutmeg can clean your liver and kidney and take away these toxins.
- The scent of Nutmeg promotes feelings of calm and relaxation, which helps to fight daily stress buildup and encourages healthy sleep.